We, the members of the Indo-American Press Club, believe that the Indo-American journalists nationwide should bind themselves together in an effort to increase employment in the media, to increase the number of Indian Americans in management positions, to encourage and educate young Indian Americans interested in pursuing a journalism career, to monitor and sensitize all media to social justice, to enact and establish these objectives for the governance of our members.
Indo-American Press Club is a syndicate of print and electronic media journalists of Indian origin working in the United States.
- IAPC has been formed with the objective of enhancing the standard and working conditions of journalists.
- We strive to work towards greater co-operation among journalists working across the nation.
- IAPC is committed to offering educational opportunities for its members with a view to enhance their skills and proficiency in this modern world.
- IAPC is committed to serving the larger humanity by encouraging young people to consider journalism and offering training and support.
- IAPC is committed to promoting unbiased and accurate news coverage of all events with fairness and objectivity.
- We will serve as a hub from which partnership and non-partnership organisations, including the mainstream media, can take content with a view for publication.
- We will adhere to the code of conduct for journalists and the organizations they represent in accordance with high professional standards.
- We will work towards preserving the freedom of the Press by adjudicating the just concerns against and by the press for violation of ethics and freedom of the press.
- Will work towards enabling our member organizations maintain their independence and impartiality.
- By maintaining high standards, we will be able to offer accreditation to media outlets and journalists of Indian origin.
- We will be the standard- bearers of media ethics and accuracy.
- By joining hands with member organizations, help and support marketing efforts with private and public undertakings including the Governments of the US and India.
- Will promote effective journalism and honor those adhering to highest standards of journalism by honoring media persons and organizations with annual awards.
- Will recognize and honor eminent Indians in media in North America.