APC invites entries for photography contest
Posted on July 12, 2015 by admin
New York: Indo-American Press Club (IAPC), an organization of journalists and media professionals of Indian Origin in North America invites entries for photography contest “People in Nature”, which is organized as a part of their 3rd International Media Conference. The subject of the contest will be “People in Nature”. All talented photographers who participate are expected to capture any events in society which has a true message to convey. Let your ” People in Nature” are open to all colors of Nature which can make an impact through your creativity. The winners will be selected by a panel of professional eminent judges and the prize for the winners will be presented during the International Media Conference scheduled at the Niagara Falls from 7th to 10th October, 2016. You can upload your photo onto Indo-American Press Club website or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
IAPC Photography Contest Winners
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
The photo contest will be in two category :
1. For Indo American citizen journalists.
(All the Indo-Americans aged above 18, are eligible to make their entry.)
2. For Journalism students in Kerala.
(Along with the photos students must submit a certified proof from the institution authorities clearly stating year of study and course.)
- By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the IAPC Photo contest.
- Photographs must have been shot by the entrant in 2015 (should be less than 1 year old; taken recently).
- The theme of the contest will be: “People in Nature”. The photo should be a reflection of participant’s social commitment to highlight ‘People in Nature’ within the society. It can be associated with nature but should be meaningful. The photo should be accompanied by a two liner description of the message that the photo has to say to the world.
- Cropped photos are eligible (but restricted to less than 20% of the original file format). We do not accept digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered photos. If the judges determine that a photographer has altered his or her photo, they reserve the right to disqualify it.
- Obscene, provocative, or otherwise objectionable content will not be considered, and such determination is solely at the discretion of Indo American Press club.
- The photograph previously submitted for any other competition will not be accepted.
- Photographs must be in a .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format. Files submitted should raw (unedited); preferably 2000 pixels longer side, not be larger than 15 MB.
- We do not accept more than one photo from a contestant. (If the contestant send more than one; judges will pick only one for the contest)
- Please include a short description about the photograph such as: subject (Importance of the photograph), place and time of the photo taken, camera and specifications used; and send along with the photograph.
- he Photograph and the Description, each in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted Photograph and Description are original works created solely by the entrant and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Photograph or the Description. Though you retain copyright in each image submitted, the digital image file(s) submitted will not be returned or acknowledged.
- By entering the contest, entrants grant the Indo-American Press Club, Inc. a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any promotional, publicity, exhibition, related to IAPC International Media Conference, New York.
- Indo-American Press Club, Inc. will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- IAPC reserve any right to take any decision on the rules and conduct of the photo contest.
Entry deadline will be: 31st August 2016 For more information regarding the photo contest, contact: Coordinators: Anil Mathew ( 516- 996-6065),Philip N. Maret ( 973-715-4205) , Arun Hari ( 804-665-7670)
IAPC will also be conducting news/feature writing contest,caption contest etc, to encourage Citizen Journalists in North America and honor them with prizes at the International Media Conference.
Report by: Lijo John